Water's Edge Events Center is looking for a dynamic individual to join our family as the Catering Manager. The Catering Manager is responsible for overseeing our catered events and banquet staff. They ensure that our guests are provided outstanding service and experience a memorable event.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage all details of event from planning, to set-up and break-down, to day of event details, and the event, both on premise and off-premise.
- Manage client relationships to ensure all expectations were met.
- Recruit, select, train and motivate banquet staff; daily management of banquet staff.
- Develop and manage employee schedule, optimizing staffing levels to ensure labor cost compliance while securing high customer satisfaction.
- Maintain liquor inventory by ordering liquor, completing inventory, and ensuring compliance with liquor controls and policies. Maintain compliance with budgeted alcohol cost of goods sold.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree is a related field is preferred.
- Must have experience in a catering/conference center environment; a minimum of five years in a supervisory position is required.
- Candidates must be a strong manager with excellent leadership skills.
- Possess outstanding customer service skills.
- Characteristics should include resourceful, imaginative, creative, and highly self-motivated.
- Understand labor costing, event profitability, and budgets and forecasts.